Leonard Joel is seeking a positive, motivated and physically fit individual for an entry level position assisting in the preparation and facilitation of the Furniture and Interiors auction.
The auction forms part of Leonard Joel’s Interiors and Jewellery auction – Australia’s most successful weekly antique and collectibles auction – and encompasses the breadth of the furniture category, including Georgian, Victorian, post-war and industrial furniture and furnishings.
The ideal applicant will have the following qualities:
- Ability to work efficiently within the Furniture and Interiors auction team and collaboratively with other Leonard Joel specialists, staff and external consultants to assist in the facilitation of 47 weekly Furniture and Interiors auctions per year
- Good level of physical fitness and ability to learn safe handling practices for moving assembling and merchandising furniture as part of the weekly auction cycle – an interest in the display and presentation of furniture would be an advantage
- Sales – actively participate in the goal of achieving weekly and quarterly financial targets for the Furniture and Interiors auction and be proactive in facilitating post-auction sales
- Customer service – demonstrate a commitment to keeping the customer as the focal point of all activity and conduct themselves in a professional and polite manner
- Valuing and inventory control: assist in the identification and appraisal of furniture and furnishings for both the Furniture and Interiors auction and also for specialist auctions
- An ability to work efficiently under pressure, ensuring tasks are addressed in a timely manner
- Auction functions: work as a team with the Furniture and Interiors manager and staff to receive, assemble and display furniture and furnishings for the weekly Furniture and Interiors auction and buyer collections after the auction; attending to client communication via phone, e-mail and mail in accordance with company policies; consignment and valuation of stock,cataloguing, photography where required, and helping to ensure that weekly catalogue deadlines are met
- Stock Management: monitor and manage storage facilities and inventory of items in storage and ensure and the safe handling of clients’ property at all times
- Computer literacy is a must
- Availability to work regular evening viewings as well as occasional weekends
Leonard Joel are delighted to offer this opportunity to work in this dynamic, fast paced environment, which will offer the right candidate a strong grounding in the antique auction industry, as well the opportunity to be part of a friendly and enthusiastic team.
Please send a cover letter and CV to:
Chiara Curcio | firstname.lastname@example.org