The position of Head of Art is now available at Australia’s largest fine art & antique auction house, Leonard Joel.
Our art department is responsible for four major catalogue auctions of fine art, various single-owner and special category auctions and 42 weekly art auctions per annum.
- Suitable applicants will have the following capacities:
- Superb multi-tasker with the enthusiasm and drive necessary to work in a high volume auction house environment
- Proven ability to source art stock, generate leads and expand market share
- Comfortable with being a “hands on” leader not afraid to be involved in the physical and constructive sides of art auctions and events
- A proven team leader with the capacity to inspire team members and foster a business-focused and creative department
- Sound knowledge of the Australian art market (both primary and secondary), pricing and the current dynamics driving the industry and market place
- An ability to think outside the traditional “art auction square” and actively seek business opportunities that reflect the direction of the business
- Proven success in managing and driving budget outcomes and over-achieving in sales and business outcomes
- Capacity to work additional evening, morning and weekend hours to ensure the thorough execution of departmental auctions, tasks and activities
- Experience in working in busy art or related environments
- Sophisticated client and business to business development skills
- Proficient in all the usual software packages and a proven ability to master business computer operating environments
- High quality display and aesthetic capacities related to the marketing, communication and presentation of art, art auctions and art related events
- A “can do” attitude that puts clients and business before process and administration
- Sophisticated speaking and writing skills that reflect an interest in the art industry
Applicants are to submit a 100 word ONLY piece on the following question: What are the current challenges and opportunities facing the Australian art auction industry?
Applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Applications Close 30th June 2013
Interested applicants must submit their CV and 100 word piece strictly by email only to: